Take Your Own Fitness Class
East Ayrshire Leisure allows you to take a commercial hall hire at every facility.
The minimum qualification you need to work as a fitness instructor and take your own classes are either:
• A Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• A Level 2 Certificate in teaching Exercise and Fitness
• or any other relevant fitness qualification
You will also need:
• Current First aid certificate (including CPR)
• Public Liability Insurance
As a Fitness Class Instructor, you will be dealing with members of the public on a regular basis and it is therefore essential that you have the appropriate and required insurances.
You have a duty of care for all clients you instruct. A PVG clearance will also be required if you want to work with children.