Contact Us3 Lugar Street
The Baird Institute History Centre and Museum lies in the centre of the town of Cumnock and was opened in 1891.
Today the Museum holds a collection of Mauchline Ware of world importance complimented by many items of Cumnock pottery, mining equipment as well as photographs and artefacts of local and social history. Works of traditional and contemporary art and crafts are also displayed here.
The venue recently underwent a £650,000 refurbishment programme and was awarded a four star visitor attraction by Visit Scotland in recognition of an excellent standard of facilities and services.
Closed on public holidays. Admission FREEFacilities
|Disabled toilet facilities||Yes|
|Car parking nearby||Yes|
|Temporary & permanent museum & art displays||Yes|
|Displays of key local industries - mining & iron||Yes|
|Research Lab with maps, photographs & other documents||Yes|
|Contemporary and fine art displays||Yes|