Re-Opening of Leisure Centres
We are delighted to be able to announce the following phased reopening schedule of our venues and services. We hope that you understand and appreciate our approach to this as there are a number of factors that have influenced our decisions, including
- The earlier than anticipated reopening date announced by the First Minister.
- The building capacity requirements to maintain social distancing and adequate ventilation.
- Returning our staff teams from furlough and carrying out an intensive training programme including lifeguard training prior to reopening.
- Preparing our swimming pools including the gradual increase of water and air temperatures and carrying out necessary water testing.
- Consider and complete any other building alternations that are required following the latest guidance being issued.
- Our shared site facilities within schools campuses will have a higher level of complexity and restrictions for reopening at this present time.
We want to reintroduce our customers back into our facilities as soon as possible but also want to ensure we are doing it safely and in accordance with Scottish Government guidance.
Stewarton Sports Centre re-opened on Tuesday 1 September.
From Monday 14 September, fitness classes and gym access will be available at Doon Valley Leisure Centre, Loudoun Leisure Centre and the William McIlvanney Leisure Centre. The Hunter Fitness Suite will re-opened on Tuesday 15th Sep.
Auchinleck Leisure Centre, Grange Leisure Centre and St Joseph’s Leisure Centre re-opened on Mon 28 Sep for indoor hall bookings.
The latest fitness class timetables can be found here (just select the relevant venue from the drop down list)
Whilst our direct debits remain frozen, please see the pricing structure in place for our gyms and fitness classes
|FROZEN MEMBER (EXC BRONZE)||NON MEMBER||
|Gym (45 mins)||£3.50||£5.30||FREE|
|Gym - U18's (45 mins)||£2.00||£3.70||FREE|
|Fitness Class (45 mins)||£3.50||£4.80||FREE|
|Fitness Class (30 mins)||£2.50||£3.20||FREE|
|Fitness Class - 12 -17yrs||£2.00||£4.80||FREE|
Giving You Confidence to #MaketheComeback
We want to assure you that every effort has been made to ensure you can return to our venues safely. The video below shows the measures in place and what to expect when you return.
Fitness classes will run at a reduced capacity to allow social distancing to be maintained and areas will be clearly marked out on the floor. Fitness Suites / gyms will operate a one way system to ensure that customers / members can maintain 2m physical distancing and all equipment/machines are 2m apart. The free-weights areas of the gym / fitness suite has been marked out with boxes with a maximum capacity for the area to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Due to ventilation, physical distancing restrictions & reduced maximum capacity we are introducing booking slots for the gym which must be made in advance at your chosen venue. Additional cleaning will be taking place throughout the day and cleaning products will be available for customers to wipe down equipment after use. Hand sanitiser stations will also be available.
We also anticipate that our children’s activity programmes will commence on Mon 19 Oct. Swimming pools will open and lessons will also commence from Mon 19 Oct.
More detailed information about each individual centre can be found here
We look forward to welcoming our members back and seeing you all very soon