Re-Opening of Libraries, Museums & Galleries
From Tuesday 15th December, the following venues will re-open -
- The Dick Institute – includes the library, museum, YPG gallery & café.
- Auchinleck library
- Galston Library
- Stewarton Library
Our remaining community libraries as well as the Baird Institute and Burns House Museum & Library will remain closed until after the festive period.
Tues & Wed: 10.30am– 5.30pm
Thurs: 1.30pm – 7.30pm
Fri & Sat: 10.30am – 3.30pm
Auchinleck, Stewarton, Galston Libraries
Tues & Wed: 10.30am– 1pm & 2pm – 5.30pm
Thurs 1.30pm – 4pm & 5pm – 7.30pm
Fri & Sat: 10.30am – 12noon & 1.00pm – 3.30pm
The Mobile Library Service will resume w/c 14th December. The mobile library timetable has been revised to visit areas where community libraries will not re-open until after the festive period. The timetable can be viewed here
Customers must wear a mask when visiting. The timetables are available below. We will be operating a one on – one off system for customers and staff. Please follow the signage and guidance from our Mobile Library drivers when using this service.
The Homewords Service will also be back in operation w/c 14th Dec. More details on this service and how to access it can be found here
CUSTOMER CONFIDENCE IN USING OUR SERVICES
We want to reassure our library customers that we are following strict quarantine guidelines with returned books being placed into storage for 72 hours before being returned to stock rotation. Onsite we have introduced distancing systems with sanitisation stations at the point of entry and exit for customers to make use of.
We ask that if you develop any symptoms associated with COVID-19 prior to your visit that you refrain from entering any of our venues. Should you develop any symptoms following your collection that you inform us immediately to allow contact tracing. You can do this by contacting the Dick Institute on 01563 554310.
Please take note of the following information & safety measures and ensure that they are adhered to at all times.
- You should follow all signposted instructions and one-way systems;
- It is your responsibility to observe the 2-metre social distancing rule from others.
- You must wear a mask when visiting any of our venues (other than those with exemptions);
- You will be asked to provide your contact details on entering our venues to support the Scottish Government’s Trace and Protect initiative. Please complete the form, ensure you put a date on it and place it in the Trace and Protect box on the counter;
- We will be limiting the numbers of visitors to our venues so please be patient if there is a queue;
- Library stock handled but not selected for loan must be placed on a trolley and not returned to shelf to allow books to be cleaned prior to return to shelf;
- We are pleased to advise library members that temporarily, fines have been withdrawn and there will be no charge for print outs and photocopying. We will ask you to please consider making a like for like donation to support our ability to provide these services;
- Access to use of a PC will be for library members only. Strictly one person per PC (excluding carers). You can join for free at any library. Time will be limited to 45 minutes with extensions if demand is low. PC access is by appointment only. Please contact your local library directly to arrange. A note of the local libraries telephone numbers can be found here
- Please note that whilst 72 hour quarantining of titles continues, stock will be limited and reservations are restricted to a maximum of three titles per member.