**Unfortunately the lift at The Baird Institute is currently awaiting repair and remains out of order**
** The north mobile library continues to be off the road due to technical difficulties.
**Our mobile service will be off on Thursday & Friday 2nd & 3rd June for the Jubilee public holidays.
**The Hunter Fitness Suite will close at 7pm tomorrow, Wednesday 25th May due to staffing shortages. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Our volunteers take part in a wide range of projects here at East Ayrshire Leisure and we are constantly working to develop our Volunteering Programme to provide new opportunities.
Here are just some of the volunteer highlights
- The Textile Team who turned their skills to the production of masks and aprons at start of pandemic but have also worked with the Youth Theatre for many years to custom make some amazing costumes for their stage productions. They also took part in the National Museums Scotland waistcoat project.
- CVO bus which brings groups for health walks in the Country Park.
- Kilmarnock Harriers whose volunteers helped to deliver Run Jump & Throw at the Ayrshire Athletics Arena
- The Friends of the Dean who have worked on improvements to the sensory garden which looks amazing thanks to their efforts.
There are still a few projects that we would love volunteers to take part in, so if you are interested and want to find out more, get in touch with email@example.com
- Golf Marshal Volunteers at Annanhill Golf Course - to help us make the course a friendly and welcoming place for all our visitors. This could be the volunteer role for you if you like chatting to the public, being out of doors, and of course, golf!
- Survey Volunteers - Become a #CitizenScientist and assist the Ranger Service and recording data.
As we draw nearer to the re-opening of Dean Castle after an extensive restoration project, there will be lots of opportunities for volunteers to get involved and become a Friend of Dean Castle Country Park. If you are interested in helping to share the history and heritage of the Dean with all our visitors, then our Visitor Experience volunteer role could be for you. Or maybe work behind the scenes with the Textile Team, an incredibly talented group who care for the delicate fabrics in the Castle’s collections would be of interest. The Kitchen Garden will need some green fingered volunteers to tend to the flowers, fruits and herbs during the summer and there will also be opportunities to volunteer at the Castle’s grand re-opening events…but those are top secret for now! Recruitment for volunteering roles as part of this project will begin in Summer 2022 and more details will follow in due course. To read more about the Castle's restoration project click here